Attridge Employee, Visitor and Contractor Daily Self Screening
Revised September 21, 2020
Prior to visiting or working at any Attridge facility/vehicle, employees, visitors and contractors are required to check daily, meaning prior to their work shift or arrival (visitors and contractors), for any symptom that may be related to COVID-19. Symptoms of COVID-19, which is the disease caused by the 2019 novel coronavirus, range from mild — like the flu and other common respiratory infections — to severe.
Call 911 if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- severe difficulty breathing (struggling for each breath, can only speak in single words)
- severe chest pain (constant tightness or crushing sensation)
- feeling confused or unsure of where you are
- losing consciousness
The most common symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- fever (feeling hot to the touch, a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius or higher)
- cough that’s new or worsening (continuous, more than usual)
- barking cough, making a whistling noise when breathing (croup)
- shortness of breath (out of breath, unable to breathe deeply)
- sore throat
- difficulty swallowing
- runny, stuffy or congested nose (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes or conditions)
- lost sense of taste or smell
- pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- headache that’s unusual or long lasting
- digestive issues (nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain)
- muscle aches
- extreme tiredness that is unusual (fatigue, lack of energy)
- falling down often
- for young children and infants: sluggishness or lack of appetite
Should you detect any symptom that may be caused by COVID-19 you are required to:
- Notify dispatch or your immediate supervisor that you are booking off and advise of the reason for the book off. Call dispatch or your supervisor and make sure the message is received. Do not just leave a voice mail. Try again during business hours.
- Follow all protocols of the local Public Health Unit and follow their instructions to get tested.
- You must stay home, not drive the bus or visit or work at any Attridge facility. You must self-isolate except for the visit to the Covid-19 assessment centre. Attridge does not pay for sick time off or booking off/self-isolation.
- You may return to work upon receipt of your negative COVID-19 test result. You will be required to show proof of the negative result.
- Positive COVID-19 result:
– Attridge will notify the appropriate authorities that a driver has tested positive.
– Follow all protocols of the local Public Health Unit.
– You may return to work upon receipt of a negative COVID-19 test result. You will be required to show proof of the negative result.
- Understand that sharing medical information, positive or negative, can cause upset to our customers, schools and families. Restrict your communication(s) to Attridge.
Visitors or Contractors that detect any symptom that may be caused by COVID-19 are not to visit or work at any Attridge facility.
Our number one priority here at Attridge is to provide a clean and safe environment for our Passengers, Staff and Drivers. We understand that each day comes with new changes and we want you to know we are following all Municipal, Provincial, and Federal guidelines for Covid-19.
Each of our offices have been carefully redesigned with directional signage to manage traffic flow and maintain social distancing. Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building and marked to make them easy to find.
We have outfitted our fleet with additional personal protective equipment, disinfectant stations and protocols in place to ensure the highest level of safety for our clients. Each vehicle is deep cleaned and disinfected on all areas and surfaces. Drivers have been trained on new safety measures and our facilities have been updated to meet these guidelines.
PASSENGER SAFETY & CLEANING PRACTICES
- Face coverings will be mandatory for all Passengers and Drivers.
- Passenger partitions have been installed on each seat of the Motor Coach.
- All Drivers are subject to Covid-19 screening before returning to work.
- Driver will disembark on all stops to allow passengers to exit and disinfect hand rails and touch surfaces on the coach each time.
- Sanitizer stations are set up at the front and rear of the coach.
- Upon returning from each trip, the coach will receive a full service cleaning and disinfecting.